Sneak previews for Star Wars: The Last Jedi began this week. I attended on Monday. (Oh, good for me. I know, I know.) Here are a few broad, spoiler-free opinions on the movie.
As always, if you want to go in completely fresh, don’t read any further. You already clicked on this article, and that is good enough for me. Thanks! Owe you one.
Check out Dana and Jordan’s spoiler-free breakdown of The Last Jedi below!
- I loved it. I really did. It was a different type of movie than Star Wars: The Force Awakens – in a good way. I am really excited to see it again on Thursday night with a bunch of rowdy lightsaber-wielding superfans.
- This shouldn’t really come as a surprise, but it does get pretty emotional at times. If you cried or got choked up during Force Awakens expect it to happen again this time around.
- This one is very tense throughout the entire movie, especially the last hour. Our friends are on the run for the majority of the flick and are rarely “safe” for very long.
- I wish Poe Dameron was a real-life person so I could be best friends with him and hang out with him every day. Everybody’s favorite cocky pilot gets an even bigger role this time around.
- There is a really cheesy moment about 40 minutes in that almost caused me to audibly groan. You’ll know what I am talking about when you see it. They could have handled that better.
- There is a lot of humor in this one. I dug it a lot, but I can definitely see it being a divise part of the movie.
- This is the longest Star Wars movie ever made and you will definitely notice. I still need to see it again to tell for sure, but it seemed like they could have shaved about 20 minutes outta this one in the middle. But again, need to see it again to be sure.
- The Porgs are the perfect mix of cute without being distracting or annoying.
- All of the Big Questions you have heading into this one will mostly be answered in one way or another. Up to you if you find the answers satisfying or not, but they definitely provide answers.
- Lastly, find someone in this world that looks at you the way that Poe Dameron looks at BB-8.