Go Radio’s Morning Shows are challenging one another to see which show can raise the most money and non-perishable food items for hungry folks in need this Thanksgiving! It’s the first challenge in our 2 Shows 1 Goal series!
Starting Monday, 11/19, Auggie and Sophia from Go 95.3’s Morning Show and Ben and Dana from Go 96.3’s Morning Show will be hosting a head-to-head food drive with the goal of raising over 4000 meals combined for local food shelters with help from our friends at Second Harvest Heartland. Go 95.3 will have a minimum goal of 1,953 meals, while Go 96.3 will have a minimum goal of 1,963 meals, and our drives will end on Wednesday, 11/21.
The show that raises the most meals will get to decided the terms of our next 2 Shows One Goal Challenge. The loser? They’ll have to do their entire show outside in the cold winter air!
If you’re interested in helping your favorite show and thousands of folks in need throughout the Twin Cities, you can drop off a donation of money or non-perishable food items at the Go Radio offices Monday-Friday between 10am and 3pm. We’ll also be arranging drop-off spots for food and funds at a variety of local businesses, and we’ll be making that list available very soon. Every $5 donated will count as 15 meals towards our goal!
Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity this holiday season, and for helping us prove that #GoCares!
UPDATE PART II:
Congrats to our Go Fight Hunger Challenge winners: BEN AND DANA! The #GoFam helped them raise 19,630 meals for folks in need.
All respect to team Go 95.3, who raised a whopping 7500 meals as well. That’s a huge number, but it wasn’t quite enough, and it looks like Auggie and Sophia will be broadcasting their show live outside at some point this winter.
We’re not done helping out worthy causes for this holiday season either. Feel free to continue to donate to Second Harvest Heartland below, and keep your eyes on GoRadioMN.com for our next 2 Shows 1 Goal Challenge!
More information about our Go Fight Hunger partners Second Harvest Heartland:
- Our mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
- We are one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- In 2017, we sourced and distributed more than 81 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, soup kitchens, shelters, senior centers and other partner programs in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. These programs ensure this food goes directly to our hungry neighbors.
- Today, one in 11 of our neighbors live with hunger.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves more than half a million people each year.
- One in eight Minnesota kids is hungry.
- 10% of the individuals served by Second Harvest Heartland are seniors over the age of 60.
- Just $1 can provide 3 meals.
- $10 can help provide dinners for a week for a family of four.
- 94 percent of Second Harvest Heartland’s total expenses are spent on the programs and services it delivers. (Calculation of 94% is based on cash expenses and the value of in-kind services and in-kind food donations distributed.)
- A $1 donation can provide $7 worth of food and grocery products.
Please consider making Second Harvest Heartland part of your family’s charitable giving plan for 2019.