Holding up their end of the #GoCares 2 Shows 1 Goal Challenge, this morning Go 95.3‘s Auggie 5000 and Sophia Eris broadcasted their entire Auggie & Sophia in the Morning show outside!
The corner of the Ford Center was alive with the sound of the morning show as Auggie and Sophia collected non-perishables and brought the hip-hop heat to the cold December morning!
Don’t miss Auggie and Sophia every weekday morning from 6-10 on Go 95.3!
More information about our Go Fight Hunger partners Second Harvest Heartland:
- Our mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
- We are one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- In 2017, we sourced and distributed more than 81 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, soup kitchens, shelters, senior centers and other partner programs in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. These programs ensure this food goes directly to our hungry neighbors.
- Today, one in 11 of our neighbors live with hunger.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves more than half a million people each year.
- One in eight Minnesota kids is hungry.
- 10% of the individuals served by Second Harvest Heartland are seniors over the age of 60.
- Just $1 can provide 3 meals.
- $10 can help provide dinners for a week for a family of four.
- 94 percent of Second Harvest Heartland’s total expenses are spent on the programs and services it delivers. (Calculation of 94% is based on cash expenses and the value of in-kind services and in-kind food donations distributed.)
- A $1 donation can provide $7 worth of food and grocery products.
Please consider making Second Harvest Heartland part of your family’s charitable giving plan for 2019.