Happy Snow Show week, friends. This Sunday night at Myth we have our yearly winter celebration headlined by Third Eye Blind with Smallpools, Dreamers, and Gully Boys. To get the Go Fam in the mood I thought I would take a trip down Snow Show memory lane to look back at some highlights from years past.
- Bastille blow away the Go Fam not once but twice as Snow Show headliners – Dan and the boys from Bastille put on such a killer performance at Snow Show ‘16 that we just had to have them back two years later to do it all again. Last year at Palace was especially memorable, ‘Happier’ was one of the biggest songs in the world at the time and seeing it performed live with a sold-out crowd singing every word (to that, and pretty much every Bastille song that night) was so memorable.
- Both nights of the original Snow Show – We knew we were starting a new tradition back in 2015 for the original Snow Show so we wanted to make sure we started with a bang. We had two nights of music at Northrop with a pair of bills that included Death Cab for Cutie, Silversun Pickups, Wombat, Best Coast, Metric, and Panic is Perfect. It was the perfect start to our favorite yearly winter tradition.
- Judah from ‘Judah and the Lion’ literally climbing the walls of Myth at Snow Show ‘16 – I had never seen Judah and the Lion that night and was excited to see what their live show was all about. I soon found out they were all about high-energy performances that will leave you with a melted face and in desperate need of a bottle of water. One second Judah had his shirt pulled over his face and singing through his shirt. The next, he was literally scaling the walls and coming up to the upper perches of Myth. It was a performance that not only stole the show that night, but made me a Judah and the Lion fan for life.
- LANY (and their amazing fans) light up Palace at Snow Show ‘18 – A lot of bands we play have a passionate following, but LANY fans are crazy in the best possible way. They lined up outside of Palace in St Paul in the bitter cold all morning. A lot of them had the trademark roses ready to throw on stage (I was disappointed none of the roses were for me). The boys from LANY put on an incredible performance that delighted their fans and made plenty of new ones.
- I owe Bishop Briggs a banana from Snow Show ‘17 – This is a behind the scenes story but I feel it is worth sharing. Before queen Bishop went on stage and killed it at Snow Show ‘17, we were backstage waiting to interview her. Musicians always have a full spread of food in their dressing room and I noticed Bishop had an entire bunch of bananas. I was hungry and thought it was highly unlikely that she was planning to eat all 12 bananas before going on stage. So naturally I helped myself to one and, because of course, as soon as I take a bite she walks in sees me eating one of her bananas. She gave me some good-natured crap and we all had a laugh about it. I still plan on paying her back that banana someday soon.
What will happen this Sunday night at Myth for Snow Show ’19? Don’t have FOMO when you hear about it secondhand. Get your tickets and lets party on Sunday night.