I was lucky enough to see a screening of the new Avengers: Endgame on Tuesday afternoon. This is quite possibly the most anticipated movie of my lifetime and I fully expect it to break all sorts of box office records. I know I am lucky that I get opportunities like this so I understand if you hate me right now. Below are a few spoilerish-free thoughts on the 22nd Marvel movie. I obviously won’t get into any specifics, but if you want to go in totally 100% fresh, I won’t be upset if hit the eject button on the upper right hand corner of the browser. Thanks for the click and come back after you see it.
- Pulling this thing off, with all the hype and expectations of buildup from 21 movies, was always going to be an incredibly difficult task, but I am happy to report that Endgame doesn’t just live up to the hype, but surpasses it as well. If you are even a casual fan of these movies, I assure you that you will find this a fitting conclusion.
- A lot has been made about the three-hour run-time and how it is the longest Marvel film in the series, but it honestly didn’t feel long. I am the first person to get annoyed with long movies, but this just felt right. I really can’t think of what they could have cut out. Lots of characters to get to after 21 films.
- This probably won’t come as a surprise, but if you are emotionally invested in these characters at all, you are going to want to bring some tissues. Plenty of sniffles all throughout the theater during multiple parts of the movie.
- Plenty of humor throughout, much like the previous Avengers movies. There is a reference to a popular 1980s movies that made me choke my popcorn. It’s not all just tears.
- I fully intend on seeing this again this weekend. It will break all of the records. Jump on some advance tickets now. You are going to want to see this one opening weekend. I can’t wait to see it again in a packed house full of superfans.
- Lastly, you should probably know this by now, but don’t forget to stay through the end of the credits.
Alright, that’s all I am gonna say for now. I don’t want to get any deeper than this until everyone gets a chance to see it. Can’t wait to chop it up with everyone once we have all seen it.