Jade Bird is coming by the Go 96.3 studios for a set in the #GoGarage on Saturday afternoon before her show at the Fine Line on October 6th. We wanted you to get to know this up-and-coming, singer-songwriter as you try to snag chance to see her intimate set in the Go Garage.
Enter below and check the Go 96.3 Cheat Sheet for your chance to see her exclusive set in the #GoGarage on Saturday, October 6th.
- Jade Bird is a 20-year-old singer-songwriter, born in Hexham, a small town in the far north of England
- Was an army brat and lived in various locations around the U.K. in her early childhood before she settled in South Wales with her mom and grandmother after her parents divorced.
- Played the piano since she was 8 as well as taught herself to play guitar at age 12.
- Her story-driven songs are mix between Americana, punk and soulful indie pop (combining her love of Loretta Lynn with one of her favorite artists, Patti Smith).
- Rolling Stone named her “Country Artist You Need to Know” (…but is cautious being categorized as a country artist, quoted saying the label is “a little restrictive”).
- She endured a series of “brutal” open mic nights in local pubs around Wales, while at Brit School, the famous performing arts hothouse.
- Was told that if music doesn’t work out, she could be a comedian.
- Once recorded 13 songs from a friend’s bathroom.
- One of her favorite hobbies include reading (her favorite is anything by Herman Hesse) – “reading is the best teacher.” According to an Instagram question, her favorite American sport is Cornhole.
- Received notoriety for the track, ‘Cathedral’ which won her a spot on Stephen Colbert’s US chat show and on the BBC’s Sound of 2018.
For tickets to Jade Bird’s show at the Fine Line, click here.