Go 96.3 is excited to host three awesome bands this Saturday at Fine Line for our next Go Show. In addition to NYC electronic dance duo The Knocks and local opener Solana, The Modern Alternative Channel is bringing Australian indie-pop trio Mansionair to the Twin Cities. Get to know them here!
Mansionair is made up of singer Jack Froggatt, producer/guitarist/keyboard player Lachlan Bostock and drummer/producer Alexander Nicholls
- Mansionair are Aussies, specifically from a smaller community in Northern Sydney called ____.
- The three members of Mansionair would occasionally see one another around the neighborhood, but really began to bond when they started attending the same electronic music festivals in Sydney.
- Despite coming from very different musical backgrounds in genres as diverse as folk, jazz, EDM and hip-hop, the three musicians quickly realized that they should start collaborating.
- Lachlan and Alexander began working together first, producing several beats together before inviting Jack to add vocal melodies and lyrics to the songs.
- One of those early songs was “Hold me Down,” which quickly became a YouTube hit for the band, and crystalized the partnership between Jack, Lachlan and Alexander.
- Not too long after that, Mansionair found themselves on a world tour opening for CHVRCHES with a freshly-inked record deal in-hand.
- Mansionair have also opened for Go 96.3 favs like Florence + The Machine, Alt-J and London Grammar.
- Washington EDM duo Odesza discovered Mansionair via the internet and reached out to the Australian trio to contribute background vocals to their Grammy-nominated hit “Line of Sight.”
- The trio have been spending time in LA working on a new record, and their SoCal experience inspired their awesome new single “Violet City.”