Go 96.3 is excited to host two awesome bands at Fine Line next week for our latest Go Show! Indie-pop trio Smallpools will headline with a little help from The Orphan The Poet. Get to know our headliners below, and click here find out how you can win tickets and meet and greet passes this weekend!
- The pre-history of Smallpools starts in the mid to late ’00s, when East Coasters Sean Scanlon (Lead Vocals and Keyboards) and Mike Kammerman (Guitar and Vocals) met up and began making music together.
- Scanlon had previously been the frontman for New Jersey piano-pop band Making April, which was a Top MySpace (throwback!) Unsigned Artist in the late ’00s. You might have heard their song “These are the Nights.”
- After honing their partnership for a few years, Scanlon and Kammerman moved to Los Angeles together and met Beau Kuther (Drums), who originally hailed from Oregon. Shortly thereafter, the three formed Smallpools.
- Less than 6 months later in May of 2013, Smallpools released their first single, “Dreaming,” online and became overnight successes thanks to the song’s infectious electro-pop hooks. The track landed the in TV shows, commercials, and even on the soundtrack of FIFA 14!
- Naturally, that success came with a record deal, and the band released their debut EP on RCA later that year with a little help from Sean’s former Making April bandmate Greg Federspiel, who had moved on to work at the legendary label.
- They followed up with a full-length, called Lovetap, in 2015 and immediately embarked on a rigorous touring schedule.
- After grinding away on the road and in the industry for a few years, Smallpools parted ways with RCA for the release of last year’s EP The Science of Letting Go, which contained the infectious single “Million Bucks.”
- Refreshed, Smallpools hit the road and toured with Go Radio favs Misterwives in 2017, along with Milwaukee favs Vinyl Theatre.
- Last Friday, Smallpools dropped their new EP So Social, which contains one of our favorite jams, “Stumbling Home,” which included an awesome remix featuring femme-rockers The Aces. We can’t wait to see their new material onstage at our Go Show on Wednesday!