Go 96.3 is excited to host three awesome bands this Saturday at Fine Line for our next Go Show. In addition to Australian indie-pop sensations Mansionair and local opener Solana, The Modern Alternative Channel is bringing NYC electronic duo The Knocks to town. Get to know them here!
- The Knocks is a duo comprised of Ben “B-Roc” Ruttner and James “Mr. JPatt” Patterson.
- Their name comes from the band’s early days producing music out of their NYC apartment, and the angry reactions from their neighbors.
- B-Roc and JPatt primarily were known as DJ’s and remix-producers until their songs “Dancing with the DJ” and “Make it Better” became viral sensations.
- The duo are probably behind the EDM track that features your favorite Go 96.3 vocalist. The Knocks have made tracks with MisterWives, X Ambassadors, St. Lucia, Soffi Tukkr, Walk the Moon, Foster the People, and more!
- Just like our boy Jordan, The Knocks love to blur the lines between alternative, hip-hop and pop. They’ve collaborated with everyone from NYC legend Cam’ron to Canadian popstar Carly Rae Jepsen.
- Their debut album 55 came out in 2016, and the duo plans on releasing a new album, New York Narcotic, this fall. Odds are, we’ll get to hear plenty of new songs from the band!
- When they perform live, The Knocks do far more than just press play on a laptop. The duo play a variety of instruments including drums and synthesizer, and often remix tracks on the fly to suit the mood of the night.
- They’re also known for bringing along surprise guest vocalists from their massive pool of collaborators. Guess you’ll just have to come to the show on Saturday to see who shows up!
- Their new video for “Ride or Die” features a cameo from Mark of Foster the People and some truly awesome tributes to ’80s and ’90s classics including White Men Can’t Jump, Rocky, and Pulp Fiction.