It’s been years in the making, but the collaboration you’ve all been waiting for has finally materialized! Go Radio is teaming up with Hippo Campus for a very special cause: Providing meals for hungry families in need!
On January 22nd, we’ll be hosting our first Audi Minneapolis and Audi St. Paul Go Show of 2019 at Amsterdam Bar & Hall with Minnesota music sensations Hippo Campus.
The only way to get into this show will be through a special invite from Go 96.3. You can catch an invite by tuning in every day, and our hosts will let you know how to win tickets. All of your chances to win invites to our show will be listed in one place every week on the Go 96.3 Cheat Sheet!
We’ll also be collecting donations of non-perishable food items at our Go Show . All proceeds will go to help Second Harvest Heartland in their efforts to eliminate hunger.
More information about our partners Second Harvest Heartland:
- Our mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
- We are one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- In 2017, we sourced and distributed more than 81 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, soup kitchens, shelters, senior centers and other partner programs in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. These programs ensure this food goes directly to our hungry neighbors.
- Today, one in 11 of our neighbors live with hunger.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves more than half a million people each year.
- One in eight Minnesota kids is hungry.
- 10% of the individuals served by Second Harvest Heartland are seniors over the age of 60.
- Just $1 can provide 3 meals.
- $10 can help provide dinners for a week for a family of four.
- 94 percent of Second Harvest Heartland’s total expenses are spent on the programs and services it delivers. (Calculation of 94% is based on cash expenses and the value of in-kind services and in-kind food donations distributed.)
- A $1 donation can provide $7 worth of food and grocery products.
Please consider making Second Harvest Heartland part of your family’s charitable giving plan for 2019.