Birds in the trap may sing McKnight, but basketball players in Houston rap Scott!
As if Sunday night’s incredible Travis Scott performance at Soundset wasn’t enough (seriously, it was amazing), today the Houston rapper unveiled his new video for “Way Back.” The Scott-directed clip stars NBA great James Harden dealing with the pressures of basketball life before rapping Scott’s verses upside-down. Then, halfway through the video, we get Scott rhyming in the back of a car, really allowing the focus to be on his lyrics.
Scott’s artistic eye allows for some pretty cool directorial choices in the clip. Namely, the Easter egg of seeing exactly what Harden is watching at the start. It includes a split second of rapper/Based guru Lil B, whom Harden has been feuding with since 2015.
If that’s still not enough new Travis Scott for you, he pops up on the new Major Lazer track “Know No Better” with Quavo and Camila Cabello.
– Thanks to Eminem the term “Stan” has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary
– Supergroup Prophets of Rage (featuring members of Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine and Cypress Hill) unleashed their new Michael Moore-directed video
– Adult swim announced its 2017 singles series this year will feature new tracks from Migos, Your Old Droog, Waka Flocka Flame, Run the Jewels, Shabazz Palaces and DOOM & Jay Electronica
– It’s not a remix without E-40,who jumps on BlaqTuxedo‘s “Lit (Remix)“
– Meek Mill, Ty Dolla $ign and Chris Brown want to give you “Whatever You Need.”
Like reading the List? You can hear it too. Listen to Go 95.3 every weekday at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.