The hottest Future track of the year is finally getting the visual treatment.
When Future dropped two albums in back-to-back weeks earlier this year, the song that seemed to connect most with listeners was his self-titled album’s “Mask Off.”
Organically becoming a both a hit and inescapable part of hip-hop slang without even being pushed as a single, Future seems to know what a big deal the track’s official push should be by offering a trailer for its music video. Yes, you read that correctly. A trailer.
It’s a 20 second spot for a forthcoming music video. Still, it’s a masterfully cut little teaser, packed with vivid imagery and a short of someone literally taking a Future mask off. Future’s Nobody Safe tour kicks off Thursday, and while there’s no release date set yet for the “Mask Off” video, we’ll keep you updated on further teasers.
– Fat Joe, Remy Ma, The-Dream and Vindata dive into “Heartbreak,” the summer’s first great pool party rap video.
– Logic dropped a cool verse “Ice Cold,” a new track with longtime collaborator Big Lenbo.
– Cee-Lo Green’s suprise “Redbone” cover is an interesting take on Childish Gambino’s original.
– Beyoncé is releasing a $299.99 How to Make Lemonade box set, including the full album on vinyl and a 600-page book.
– Hip-hop legends have united on Kool G. Rap’s “Wise Guys“ which also features Fame of M.O.P. and Freeway.
Like reading the List? You can hear it too. Listen to Go 95.3 every weekday at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.