Summit Beer is a Minnesota staple, with a brew for every style, taste and season. We’re counting down our Top 5 Summit Brewing Company beers as we gear up for the weekend to help you decide which one is perfect for your Friday night (or any night)!
Honorable Mention: Dakota Soul with barley grown right next door in North Dakota — this tasty pilsener is from farm to finish, all in the neighborhood.
5. Slugfest is a new this year beer that started as a limited release but was just announced that they are making it available all year long. Slugfest is a juicy IPA that starts out with strong citrus flavors followed by that hoppy punch.
4. Cabin Crusher is a new limited release this year. A light Kölsch ale that packs a crisp citrus finish with lime puree and hints of lemon.
3. Saga IPA is Summit staple — this brew gives you that tropical flavor coupled with a big kick of hoppiness.
2. EPA is a long-standing Summit fixture that has been around since 1986. This beer has that gold medal-winning flavor with tastes of caramel, biscuity malts balanced with notes of citrus and a bite of hop.
1. Oktoberfest is the classic fall brew that Summit rolls out every year, so you better get it while you can. Summit describes it perfect — “rich, toffee malt flavors up front with a clean hop finish as crisp as the autumn air” but don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself!
No matter your weekend, take a Summit Beer with you!