It’s (almost) the most wonderful time of the year!! What’s your FAVORITE FAIR FOOD? Me: I’m pretty basic. Give me ALL the cheese on a stick (the one by the haunted house), vanilla/chocolate twist soft serve ice cream (from the dairy building), and mini donuts (after they’ve been squishing in my purse all day) 🤤 Oh, and fried peanut butter cups and oreos are a must (but no more than a bite or you’ll die of sweetness)🤰🏻What’s funny is that my first time at the @mnstatefair was only two years ago 😂 #MadeForThis #FoodPrep @go953mn @go963mn
Go 96.3’s Giselle Ugarte only loves two things: Food and her puppy. Actually, she loves her mom and a lot of other things too, but she really loves food. Every Wednesday, she’ll be sharing her latest edible obsession with us on WTF: Where’s the Food?
Confession time guys: I think Sweet Martha’s Cookies are kinda…overrated.
Are they good? Delicious. Are they special? Absolutely not. The famous cookie synonymous with our State Fair are no different than any other freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.
So what would I be willing to wait in a long-ass line for at the Great Minnesota get-together?
- Smoked Gouda Nachos (Shanghaied Henri’s – International Bazaar): A HIDDEN GEM conveniently located right next to the Go Radio booth. These nachos have a perfect cheese to chip ratio and taste even better with shredded pork. You didn’t see that one coming, did you?
- Cheese on a Stick (Lemonade Stand): I’ll take it from any lemonade stand, but my favorite comes from the one closest to the Giant Slide, with a yellow cheese that’s more saucey than stringy. Fountain Diet Coke FTW.
- Twist Ice Cream Cone (Dairy Building): SO simple, yet SO perfect. I wait all year for this.
- Mini Donuts: Especially the leftovers that squish together in my fanny pack all day, which make for the perfect last bite of the night.
- Fairchild Souvenir Cup: I think you get free or discounted refills at select locations around the fair, I don’t really care, but I’ve made it a point to get this obnoxious gopher-topped plastic cup every year for the last year (Fun Fact: I’ve only been going to the State Fair for two years, despite growing up in Minnesota). It’s my favorite water bottle – no bad days, with that face.
What are you most looking forward to at the fair? See you there?